BEAUTY FOR ASHES
TEXT: ISAIAH 61: 1- 6
MINISTERING: Pst. (Mrs.) EMEM JORDAN AKADA
God does not take delight in your frustration.
Nobody who saw the day you were born shall see the day you will be buried. Amen
Life carries dual functions: the good and the bad, light and darkness, front and back, white and black. The good news is that God is shifting you from the wrong side of life to the good side of it.
WHAT DO YOU UNDERSTAND BY ASHES
- It is the grey or black powdering substance that is left after something is burnt.
- The ruins or remains as after destruction or burning.
- It is what is left of something after it has been destroyed by fire.
N/B They are the negativities of life such as pains, disappointment, distress, despair, dispute, bitterness etc.
- It is often used to signify worthlessness, insignificance, uselessness etc.
N/B ashes don’t stay forever… It means trauma, frustration, bitterness, pains, suffering will never stay forever in your life in Jesus name Amen.
Until you give God your ashes, you may never get His beauty.
WHAT BEAUTY MEANS
- It is a quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind.
From today, the things you will remember will be positive.
- It is the combination of qualities such as shape, colour or form that pleases the aesthetic senses especially the sight.
- Something intended to make someone more attractive.
- It is an excellent example of something.
When your ashes come in contact with beauty, you encounter encouragement.
N/B weeping all day long does not change the situation.
Ashes don’t just come; they come as a result of burning.
CAUSES OF FIRE
- Persecution (Dan. 3: 19- 23). As a child of God the enemy could bring the fire of persecution because of your right standing with God.
Persecution could come in the form of hatred, false allegation and accusation etc. Just stand firm in Christ and in the word.
On this note, every step for your set back will turn to your progress. Amen.
Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were thrown into the fire but they were not burnt.
- Carelessness and Sin. (Lev. 10: 2). These set you up for fire to fail.
- Satanic attack (Job 5: 6- 7) (Haggai 2: 9). When the fire strikes it keeps one hopeless, helpless and desolate. It brings one from grace to grass.
“But the glory of the letter house shall be greater than the former”
- Household wickedness/Negative repetitive history (Ps. 74: 20).
ACCESSING BEAUTY FOR ASHES
- Pray with specification (Matt. 6: 5, Mark 10: 51).
- Assess your life (take an assessment of your life, ask yourself some down-to- earth questions, answer same sincerely and honestly by yourself. E.g, Is this where I’m suppose to be in life? Am I okay with this condition? Ps. 139: 14).
- You need prophetic encounter. (You man of God. (1 kings 17:1-13)).
- Obedience (Make obedience your lifestyle. 2kings 5: 1).
As long as you are in the way of obedience, you are in the path of direction.
The blessing travels in the direction of the obedient.
It attracts Peace and abundance. (Is. 48: 18, Ps. 68: 6).
- Submission (Submission to Priestly authority).
Your man of God is a vessel of blessing. Endeavour to connect with Him having a sense of value so that you can connect virtue. and sure not to become familiar and over familiar. (Numbers 6: 23- 27, Heb. 7: 7).
Familiarity breeds insult and contempt.